If you cannot handle the required servings of vegetables and fruit that you need in a day due to a busy lifestyle, or you simply don’t like to eat them, one fast way of obtaining those needed nutrients is through juicing. Using a juicer gives you a good number of advantages over buying juices that are commercially produced and sold in the market.
Having a juicer also means you can make larger quantities of juice at home. There are different types of juicers today with features that can take on a good variety of fruit and vegetables.
You can choose a model based on the fruits and vegetables that you want to drink regularly. This article will further discuss the ways of using your juicer.
Juicers are widely used not only by health and fitness enthusiasts today, but also ordinary people who want to enjoy a great glass of freshly squeezed juice. It is now considered a common kitchen appliance. The juicers from way back were made from glass and often given intricate designs.
There are contemporary juicers that are still made from glass, however most models these days are made from sturdy plastic and stainless steel materials. Professional kitchen equipment made for bars and restaurants often come with small juicers for fast juicing of lemons or other types of citrus fruits to conserve fruits for cooking or as flavoring for dishes and drinks.
There are electric juicers and there are manual models as well. Here are the ways you can use your juicer, whether it is electric or manual.
Get your favorite fresh produce, either a fruit or vegetable. Use a cutting board, a kitchen knife, water, a bowl, some glasses and a spoon.
How to use your juicer (electric)
- Choose the fruit or vegetable you want to juice. A majority of electric juicers can tackle heavier fruits and vegetables, root vegetables and certain leafy greens. You can also put together a selection of your preferred fruits and vegetables for a more nutritious beverage.
- Wash the fresh produce. Remove any bad spots from it. Slice up the fruit or vegetable and get rid of any stones or pits. Remove the stems and put the prepared produce in the bowl.
- Plug the device in and switch it on. Feed the prepared produce into the device to extract its juice. Work slowly but surely in order to get as much juice as you can from your fruit or vegetable.
- Extract all of the produce and then turn off the juicer. Stir the beverage and pour it into your glass.
- Take the unit apart and get rid of the pulp. Rinse the juicer components thoroughly and wash them according to the instructions from the manufacturer.
How to use a manual juicer
Next on how to use your juicer, we will discuss the steps in using a manual juicing device. Manual juicers often work perfectly with citrus fruits.
- The first thing you have to do is wash the external rind of the citrus fruit you want to use. Put the fruit on the cutting board and slice them in half.
- On your counter, position the manual juicer and take a half of the fruit using your dominant hand. Position the fruit on the part of the juicer that sticks out, with the plump side of the fruit facing down. Press the fruit firmly and spin it backward and forward as you push it to extract the fruit’s juice. Remove all the juices from the fruit by constantly pushing and spinning the fruit.
- Do the same procedure with the other fruit halves.
- As soon as you are finished extracting the juice from all of the halves, you can then pour it into the glasses. Get rid of the rinds from the fruit. Rinse the juicer and wash as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
Many people are discovering the healthy advantages of juicing fresh fruits and vegetables. Juicing lets you extract all of the important enzymes and nutrients straight from fresh, raw fruits and vegetables.
The fiber and the pulp are removed and the juice that remains is full of essential nutrients. You will acquire a greater vitality and more energy after you take up juicing as a regular part of your lifestyle.