When it is a hot summer day, or after a day’s hard work, it is nice to indulge in a glass of lemonade or a margarita, right? Nothing beats the feeling of having that cool and refreshing liquid slide down our throats. With just a simple drink, it is as if we were transported to a vacation spot.
Now, how do you achieve this? You can perfectly create the same professional concoctions at the comfort of your own home—by using a citrus juicer.
A citrus juicer is the main appliance that is used for mixing cocktails and making citrus-based juices. With this, you can juice out limes, lemons, grapefruit, oranges, etc.
Imagine all the alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks that you can make! What is more appealing is that, when you make juice, it is guaranteed that you have the fresh and natural kind.
In this article, we will review the Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-Quiet Citrus Juicer. We are going to go through all of its features, with the corresponding advantages and disadvantages of using it.
In doing so, it will help us determine if this juicer is worth spending our money on, or if it is a hard pass.
Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-Quiet Citrus Juicer
This juicer is almost the same size as a mini food processor. It does not take too much space on your kitchen counter, and your standard cupboards will be spacious enough to house this appliance.
At the same time, its design is very professional looking as it is in the colors black and silver, and the lines of the design are sleek.
- When it was pitted against other juicers, this got 18% more juice than the others.
- It can also squeeze out the juice with ease and speed.
- The controls are very simple; you only need to press a single button. Each press corresponds to start or stop.
- It operates quietly, as its name suggests.
- It is not a hassle to clean even if you hand wash it since it is only made up of three separate parts. At the same time, it is dishwasher-safe.
- The design of the pitcher makes it possible for you to pour the juice straight into a glass.
- It has two sizes of reamers for both small and big fruits.
- The fine mesh also strains any amount of pulp that gets squeezed out.
- It has a system within it that prevents any type of clogs.
- It looks very stylish.
- Durability is the name of the game due to its material being made of stainless steel.
- It is also easy to set up. You do not even need a manual.
- Clean up is fuss-free, you can even finish cleaning it in 10 seconds.
- The control is very easy because everything is just up to a touch of a single button.
- It has a quiet motor, so even if you have a baby sleeping nearby, you need not worry about the noise.
- The two reamers are very handy for different sizes of citrus fruits.
- It does not take too much space in your kitchen and is easy to use.
- It can squeeze out a lot of juice that, more often than not, you are left with an almost dry fruit peel.
- You can have your juice in no time since it processes the juice very fast.
- The back part is not covered enough to prevent any spillage, and the juice might splash at the back.
- If ever a part gets broken, the brand does not sell individual parts. Therefore, it is hard to buy new parts.
- It cannot process fruits with a lot of big seeds, and they will eventually clog the system.
- This needs a cool down period. You can only use it for 15-20 seconds, then it has to rest for two to five minutes, or else it might overheat.
- The metal part that serves the juice out of the container is only held by a cheap plastic material that paves the way for a lot of spilling. Not to mention, the big risk of it breaking.
Summary of the Features
The Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-Quiet Citrus Juicer is a sleek designed juicer that can squeeze the death out of your citrus fruits. It does not only provide you with 18% more juice, compared with other juicers, but it also does its job with great ease and speed.
As its name suggests, it works very quietly. At the same time, it is user-friendly because it is quite easy to set up, and cleaning up is a breeze.
The fact that it is only made up of three separate parts makes it easy for you to store and maintain it.
It has two sizes for its reamers, so you do not have to worry when you need to juice bigger fruits. All you have to do is to switch out the reamers.
Operating it is also very easy. You just have to push one button, which is for start and stop.
Comparison with the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
These two juicers are almost the same in size in such a way that they are both space-savers. However, they vary in functions. For the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer, it has three settings for the pulp.
The controls are numerous so that you can customize your juice. This is pretty neat in a way, but before you can enjoy your juice, you first have to read the manual thoroughly.
On the other hand, the Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-Quiet Citrus Juicer is very simple to use. Even so, it can still efficiently squeeze the juice out.
Another added advantage is that it runs quietly, as opposed to the Cuisinart.
When it comes to juicing, you need a straightforward machine that does its job well, and the Epica Powerful Stainless Steel Whisper-Quiet Citrus Juicer can attest to that. With this machine, you can immediately drink your freshly squeezed orange juice, without much wait nor hassle.
However, it is important to note that it still has a long way to go to polish its design so as to prevent spilling and overheating. In reality, these problems can be fixed by mindfulness, but it would have been better if the machine itself has those safeguards.
All in all, it is still a good appliance to have in your home.